Saturday, September 8, 2007

Serve your place with pride (adam's random rant)

Nothing is more annoying than hearing someone describe their place in God's Kingdom beginning with the phrase, "I'm just...." "I'm just a Sunday School Teacher." "I'm just a church cleaner." "I'm just an usher." "I'm just...." Makes me sick. Somewhere in Pentecost we developed a philosophy that places certain church positions in a pseudo hierarchy. I'm sure we all realize that with different positions come different levels of delegated spiritual authority. However, authority does not equal importance. My homeboy Paul said in 1 Cor 12:18-20, "But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. And if they were all one member, where would the body be? But now indeed there are many members, yet one body." (NKJV)

Remember you are important to the Church! Serve your place with pride.

This concludes adam's random rant

No comments: